NAIOP Washington State Chapter Leadership in Washington, D.C., February, 2016.
NAIOP’s robust government affairs agenda is dedicated to providing members with an effective voice before policymakers in Olympia and at city hall. This effort includes maintaining an active Government Affairs Committee, comprising NAIOP Washington State members; engaging local and state lobbyists, who advise and report to the membership on government issues; developing white papers and position statements; and managing and directing contributions to the NAIOP Washington State PAC.
2017 Legislative Priorities
Seattle and Puget Sound
- Continue engagement on HALA as it passes through Seattle City Council.
- Engagement with business community in 2017 Seattle Mayor’s race.
- Continued work on Seattle Mayor’s Industrial Lands Task Force.
- Engagement with Seattle Office of Economic Development / Mayor’s Office on Commercial Affordability policy direction.
- Expanded presence on regional issues.
For more information, contact Natalie Quick, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-779-0489
- Pass multifamily tax credit legislation.
- Defeat capital gains tax, B&O tax increases, rent control proposals.
- Defeat any attempts to further dilute vesting protections.
- Seek reform to DOE voluntary cleanup program.
- Remain engaged on 2017 SEPA reform.
For more information, contact Greg Hanon, email@example.com, 253-279-8282
Download the NAIOP Washington State 2016-17 Legislative Report and Agenda. (PDF)
NAIOP’s national legislative priorities for 2017 are Tax Reform, Capital and Credit Availability and Infrastructure and Transportation. Learn more and download talking points.
Click here to learn how to get involved in support of NAIOP Washington State's legislative agenda.
NAIOP Washington State Report: Highlights of chapter activities in 2015 (PDF)